Do you like making videos or writing stories? Are you an aspiring film or media creator and want your work shown state-wide? Do you want to win a $1,000 cash prize?
The Teen Driver Program is currently looking for the next best video, radio commercial or media script focused on teen driving safety. The goal is to create content that will help your fellow teens stay safe while driving and riding as passengers. High tech production equipment or famous people aren’t necessary to make great content! Any student in grades 6-12 are welcome to submit content.
Winners will take home up to a $1,000.00 cash prize and bragging rights. Winning entries will be shared/shown at future Seat Belt Challenge, NH Traffic Safety Conference, on TV, and on social media!
Content should be about driving safety topics like distraction, impairment (drugs, alcohol), speed, or whatever you think is important for people to know about safe driving! Check out some video Public Service Announcements the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock has created below for concept and format ideas.
EXTENDED Submission Deadline: June 12th 2020, Midnight. Any entry submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Entries must be submitted by New Hampshire students.
- Participants must be in grades 6-12 as of the submission deadline.
- Participants must submit a Participation Consent, Copyright Assignment, and Release form, which can be found here. Safe Driving Media Contest Consent and Release Form
Winning entries will be chosen from the pool of all categories.
First place winner will receive a cash prize of $1000.00. Second Place will receive a cash prize of $500.00. Third Place will receive a cash prize of $250.00.
The cash prize will be paid to the winners within 120 days following the announcement of the winners.
Entries should be in the following format:
- For video entries – provide a YouTube Link. Video entries should be no longer than thirty (30) seconds in length, including credits.
- For audio entries – provide a YouTube Link or other common voice recording application
- Audio entries should be no longer than thirty (30) seconds in length, including author/creator credits.
- For script entries – provide an electronic word document (Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, Adobe PDF, etc). Each script entry should be limited to one page of text.
Each submission should include a signed Participation Consent, Copyright Assignment, and Release form. Please send submissions to Chris at Christopher.R.Bishop@hitchcock.org.
REQUIREMENT FOR WINNING CASH PRIZE:
- Submit a W-9 Form (this includes your social security number per IRS tax requirements), which can be found here. IRS W-9 Form
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- Please create original content.
- Please do not submit an audio or video entry which has been submitted for consideration in another contest.
- Please abide by all copyright, trademark, licensing laws for music, images, or any other content you plan to use for your submission. If you wish to use music, art, or images created by someone else, please be sure that you have the owner’s written permission.
- Please make sure the content is appropriate for all ages. Entries with inappropriate content will not be considered.
- The goal of this contest is to create media which CHaD and the Teen Driver Program can broadcast on social media, television, radio, etc. Content will be used to educate teenagers on driver and passenger safety.
- Winning entries will be decided by the Buckle Up New Hampshire Committee (the “Committee”). The Committee is a group of traffic safety advocates dedicated to making our roads safer for all. Winning entries will be chosen at the next Committee meeting in June. The winning entries will be chosen based on creativity, relevance to safe driving, and improving state public health.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock reserves the right to withhold cash prizes in the event that (i) submitted entries are deemed unsuitable for the purposes of educating the general public on driver and passenger safety, or (ii) Dartmouth-Hitchcock does not receive, in its sole discretion, an appropriate number of entries for the media creation contest.
- In the event that you win the contest, you will receive a Form-1099 MISC. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), please speak with your parents (or legal guardian) regarding any tax filings that might be required in connection with your receipt of the prize money.
- Please submit all required forms. Any entry submitted without the forms required by these rules will not be considered.
- These Contest Rules are subject to the Participation Consent, Copyright Assignment, and Release form, and may be changed at any time without notice to you by Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Dependents of Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees (or its affiliates) are ineligible to submit entries.
Questions about the Contest can be sent to Chris at the email Christopher.R.Bishop@hitchcock.org.
Melissa Fifield Promotes Seat Belts, Michael Phelps Story, and Chelsea Fuller Story